Petition against the ACTA agreement!

dzoks1

Make Money Online
Reaction score
To all Members of the EU Parliament:
As concerned global citizens, we call on you to stand for a free and open Internet and reject the ratification of the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), which would destroy it. The Internet is a crucial tool for people around the world to exchange ideas and promote democracy. We urge you to show true global leadership and protect our rights.
Avaaz - ACTA: The new threat to the net

CashCrank

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
gigtut.com
Yeah, for some reason people on this forum don't find these issues that important.

Posts on SOPA went basically unread.

PEOPLE THIS IS YOUR FUTURE. The best thing you can do is send a message to your senator/parliament.

kry

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason people on this forum don't find these issues that important. Posts on SOPA went basically unread.PEOPLE THIS IS YOUR FUTURE. The best thing you can do is send a message to your senator/parliament.
You are right. I think this is because sometimes they are just not informed about the impact of the regulations or they won't react until it's too late.

dzoks1

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Exactly! People think that their vote against ACTA or SOPA will not change situation, but there are millions of people who think the same way and that is the WEAKNESS OF HUMANITY!

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Good thread.

If you're not signing this you're putting not only your freedom, but your income at risk.

sagits

Make Money Online
Reaction score
We have to make this thread popular!

vik12

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Talking is not just enough.Go out and let the world hear you. Everytime theres a protest about ACTA in my city i go ut and protest.This is a serious matter people so try to make your voice count.

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Talking is not just enough.Go out and let the world hear you. Everytime theres a protest about ACTA in my city i go ut and protest.This is a serious matter people so try to make your voice count.
Well I actually disagree on this point. - It's a lot easier to get names on a petition on the internet because let's face it people are lazy.

It was thanks to the actions of the internet that SOPA/PIPA was stopped and there's no reason we couldn't do the same with ACTA. The problem is people kinda seem to be ignoring this one.

I'm not saying that protesting in the streets is a bad idea. Not in the least. But especially as marketers we have the potential to drive a lot more attention and that's what needs to happen if anything is to get done.

Ivanuca Paul

Reaction score
actually acta does make sense. all you want is just free free free...
i`m with acta on
Copyright ©
copy rights of the authors...

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
actually acta does make sense. all you want is just free free free...
i`m with acta on
Copyright ©
copy rights of the authors...
Disagree.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the piracy sites disappearing. Part of what I do (and more of what I want to get into) is content creation so it's in my interests for piracy to be stopped.

But that's not what this is about.

First of all it's already been established that this kind of thing won't stop piracy. Seize all the domains you want, it's not actually going to sort it and there's been a lot of talk about the work arounds for the past few weeks.

But it does still give too much power into the hands of people that honestly have too much already.

What I love about internet marketing is the fact that the little guy can actually compete with the big guys. Even on smaller scales - the barriers to entry are much lower and giving them precedent to police the internet is a danger to that.

This kind of thing is potentially dangerous to that kind of thinking.

So no - it's not about piracy. And I'll guarantee this won't even stop piracy. It's all about the powerful getting more power and damaging the little guy while they're at it.

cameronmoney

Very Active Members
Reaction score
This is a big issue. Let us all work on it in order to fix things!!!