Secret Blog For Membership Site....

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you don't know already I do a lot of site building for clients with a graphic designer. We have a client with a dating membership site in an overlooked niche. The site does not have very much content on it as its still fairly new (not a lot of members or anything). Now we are already ranking well in google for the SEO we have done in it and I expect to be 2nd or 3rd page in another week or two.

My question is if I were to build a secret blog with wordpress on the site and publish articles related to my niche - then do interlinking in the site and build links to the blog will it help much due to the lack of content on the homepage? I've never had a reason to do this before now and it seems like it will work. Has anybody done this before?

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
NVM I don't have much of a choice but to do this for some of the keywords I am trying to rank...

highrider778

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
in my experience it's not the content on the page for the keyword your ranking for, it's the backlinks going to the page that matter. I'm sure good content won't hurt, it can only help, but I've ranked on the 1st page with little to no content on the page that was actually ranking.

davejug1

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
But if you want your links indexed to get any benefit from them, they won't be secret any longer :S

Fade

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
But if you want your links indexed to get any benefit from them, they won't be secret any longer :S
I know - what I meant was not linking to it through the site like hey everybody check out this blog.

davejug1

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Well if you put that in like a forum or something else that's indexed, that will show up on any search engine search, if you place the links on a non-indexed page you will be fine.