Sold my first product tonight and don't feel good about it

Slepua

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Is this normal guys? I sold my first product as IM tonight, but after the first few seconds of happiness I felt some kind of a strange feeling :/ The problem that IMO that product is a crap ;D someone paid 30+ bucks for signing with some kind of company that offers it's client to fill surveys for money. I imagine the person who bought that has some financial problems and was probably hoping for something big, like they state on their landing page :(

I believe I couldn't market tobacco products lol ;d how the hell they are doing it? It's like selling death to a client. I guess I'll have to get used to this feeling from now on.

kete importa

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
That´s because you have some moral values... and sometimes the need for money blocks this...of course you can blame the client."He should be more smart and not buy things like that...blah,blah.."but the point is there is a very thin line in being an Internet Marketer and a crook.
That´s the reason why I´ve refused some jobs or quick cash opportunities.I prefer to earn a penny honestly rather than getting a grant in a dishonest way.
There are plenty opportunities to get quick money ...hey ,you can even pretend you´re a chick and go to some chats and scam some horny guys...this is pathetic.
I prefer to focus on some hard-to-set-up,but-honest business because in the long term they will pay off.And I won´t feel as you feel right now.
Anyway,never it´s too late.You can change that if you want.
Just my point of view.

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
but the point is there is a very thin line in being an Internet Marketer and a crook.
Biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted on these forums.

The name 'Internet Marketing' is a pretty big blanket term. So anybody who sells anything online is practically a crook?

I see what you're getting at but you have a very narrow view of IM. As with any business there are people that promote anything to make money, and for the majority (certainly not all) of the IM products out there this is usually the case. But there are a lot of people out there promoting decent products (either in the IM niche or outside of it) with a completely legitimate business.

I'm not talking about bots spamming forums or chat sites, I'm talking about legitamate traffic looking for an answer or a product and an internet marketer providing it. If done with an ethical mind IM is one of the few businesses you can make good money while actually being able to help people.

Back on topic:

Yes, it's normal if you have any sense of decency and you promote a rubbish product. The solution is to only ever sell anything you believe in for a legitimate reason. You don't need to know the niche, but you should know the product.

CopyMyCash

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Congratulation buddy! To All Our Succes here at MMD! ;-)

kete importa

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Biggest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted on these forums.

The name 'Internet Marketing' is a pretty big blanket term. So anybody who sells anything online is practically a crook?
Well,I think you misunderstood.What I mean is that anyone promoting a product might be tempted to use unethical methods to achieve certain goals.Of course there are plenty of honest people who earn honest money.
Just sometimes some people take the wrong road. As I´ve learned: dishonest guys always get all the attention,but the good guys are rarely mentioned.
I hope this clarifies this point.

daziam

Reaction score
you make a good point, not all are crooks of course but a lot do bend the rules.

juan valdez

Make Money Online
Reaction score
It can be very tempting to go for the easy buck, but I agree with Kete Importa. Also, the product itself is meaningless. It can be anything, what is important is the manner in which it is sold. Is it misleading? Or does the consumer know exactly what they are buying, and are they doing it with no deceptions? Pretending to be a chick so you can talk a guy into joining a cam site doesnt really work IMHO.

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
It can be very tempting to go for the easy buck, but I agree with Kete Importa. Also, the product itself is meaningless. It can be anything, what is important is the manner in which it is sold. Is it misleading? Or does the consumer know exactly what they are buying, and are they doing it with no deceptions? Pretending to be a chick so you can talk a guy into joining a cam site doesnt really work IMHO.
I have to disagree with you there.

If you want ethical marketing then the product does matter. In fact I'd say it's 90% of it. Does the product actually work? Is it actually good? If you're selling a bad product - unless you're specifically saying 'Don't buy this - it's rubbish' you're not selling it ethically.

Some people won't sell anything without seeing it for themselves first. I'd look at a review copy before promoting a digital product but for physical products I like to see a few hundred good positive reviews so I can feel positive that I'm promoting something worthwhile to people.

Each to their own though, I think part of the responsibility does also sit with the product creator but I like to know that something is worthwhile before I'd promote it. The only exception is CPA surveys, where that data can end up anywhere but at least I'm not making a direct sale.

/edit: My post screwed up at this part and somehow the font changed here.

Well,I think you misunderstood.What I mean is that anyone promoting a product might be tempted to use unethical methods to achieve certain goals.Of course there are plenty of honest people who earn honest money.
Just sometimes some people take the wrong road. As I´ve learned: dishonest guys always get all the attention,but the good guys are rarely mentioned.
I hope this clarifies this point.
You did not say some marketers are immoral, you said:

"but the point is there is a very thin line in being an Internet Marketer and a crook.
And I don't disagree that there are immoral marketers out there, but this isn't a case of misunderstanding - this is a case of your original post painting every marketer with the same brush.
I don't think there's a fine line with what I do and scamming or promoting bad products. The opportunity to do so is there, but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it. It would be the same thing as saying there's a fine line between working in a bank and robbing it. Just because you happen to be in the same area doesn't mean it's a 'fine line'.

juan valdez

Make Money Online
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you there.

If you want ethical marketing then the product does matter. In fact I'd say it's 90% of it. Does the product actually work? Is it actually good? If you're selling a bad product - unless you're specifically saying 'Don't buy this - it's rubbish' you're not selling it ethically.
Good point, I meant to say that the TYPE of product doesnt matter. Biz op, adult, tooth whitener, whatever. If it is actually a quality product.