Successful droppshipping?

Onlinesimracer

Make Money Online
Anyone got any successful drop shipping stories? I was just wondering and maybe if anyone does this and have been successful at it? How much research did you do and what kind of products do you think sell better? I have seen fragrances sell really good but I am really undetermined which ones sell really good because of the variety that there is at there. Drop a line and let me know what you think and if you have a proven track record, show us what you have done and your honest opinion about things.

Kamryn

Make Money Online
I have not done much dropshipping myself, but visited one of the large dropshippers warehouse about a year ago.. We considered buying the company at that point, but in the end we did not cause they were asking a pretty steep price... however we saw a bit of their business... they did all sorts of different products, but told us their biggest seller by far was radar detectors... just thought id mention it incase it can help someone out

Zippyship

Make Money Online
Be careful about companies claiming to be 'dropshippers' many of them are just middlemen looking to rip you off. The best way to find a dropshipper is often phoning companies or going to trade fairs and asking if they will dropship for you

millions

Make Money Online
I know someone who makes his entire living from drop shipping, and at this point has it almost entirely automated including a 1-800 number he outsources to for orders and the process of actually places the orders to the drop shipper takes just a few minutes. It can be done. He makes around $5-10k per month depending on the month (Holidays and Summers).

The trick is to find something with a lot of margin in it. This individual sells something that is manufactured for pennies on the dollar and makes 99% profit by selling for a few dollars more then that. Genius.

Find a niche and go from there. It always helps if you have an actual interest in the product as well.

Good luck!

Mathijs008

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Today I have made 20 euro reselling a watch that I found on Deal Extreme. That is always nice when you take into account that I am a student. :burnout:

pedobear

Make Money Online
I'm dropshipping using brandsdragon.com and sell it in local forums in my country. So far I able to generate consistent amount of cash. I prefer to sell china products as I can maximize my profits and the products provided by my supplier are good quality. You can check them out and see how it goes for you

Mistaree

Make Money Online
I'm looking to start a web business using the drop ship method. But I'm having a hard time finding one that allows me to set my own prices. I tried the electronic cigarette a few months ago & I love it so much after smoking real cigs for over 27yrs. A lot of people stop me in the street to ask if it really works. Instead of writing down the website I ordered my e-cig from, I figure I should be selling them myself. After researching the web for weeks, I'm trying to get my website up & running by Jan. 1, 2011. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a drop shipper that can meet my needs. No cheap looking cigs, trying to cater to heavy smokers.

barthezz

Make Money Online
I'm dropshipping using brandsdragon.com and sell it in local forums in my country. So far I able to generate consistent amount of cash. I prefer to sell china products as I can maximize my profits and the products provided by my supplier are good quality. You can check them out and see how it goes for you
The site seem to be very interesting and I already found some products at very good prices, however, what does this mean:

For buyer whose average transaction value is over $1000/month, our system set him as a VIP member with one month period. At the end of the month, we will evaluate his status again.
For buyer whose average transaction value is over $5000/month, our system set him as a VIP member with five months period, at the end of this period, we'll evaluate his status again.
So you only can use dropshipping if you order for more than $1000 per month?

shedboy

Make Money Online
The site seem to be very interesting and I already found some products at very good prices, however, what does this mean:

So you only can use dropshipping if you order for more than $1000 per month?
I believe it means that if you make that sort of cash you then get the following benefits for the period of time, basically the more you make the cheaper you can buy the products

VIP Benefits:
Buy at the 50+ price(the lowest price) always no matter how many do you buy in one purchase.
Buy with less shipping and handling fees.
Have direct phone number to discuss any of your problems with our products and Priority to be served by our service including shipping, tracking, email service etc..

bothwinner

Make Money Online
sorry for themispelling
worldwidbrands.com is the place..

tehy have A LOT of onteresting things and are only 299 USD / year with many dropshiippers.. i have not joined bcs It has not been my stuff yet.. I wonder for the people who are doing dropshipping.
How does it work with refunds and items people dont wnat if you live in a country outside the shippingcountry? do you take the item and just refund or do you send it back to the supplier?
/S

monas

Make Money Online
egay is hating dropshipping I think...
I want to starting dropshipping on egay by using focal price..But there are many similar item on there and mostly listed with Buy it now option and with very small margin.. I curious to know how they make profit after egay and paypal fee ?

jeppo

Make Money Online
sorry for themispelling
worldwidbrands.com is the place..

tehy have A LOT of onteresting things and are only 299 USD / year with many dropshiippers.. i have not joined bcs It has not been my stuff yet.. I wonder for the people who are doing dropshipping.
How does it work with refunds and items people dont wnat if you live in a country outside the shippingcountry? do you take the item and just refund or do you send it back to the supplier?
/S
$299 is for a lifetime membership ie. one payment forever. If you go that way make sure you don't choose products that everyone else is selling like electronics, watches etc. Find niches where there is good demand and not an oversupply, otherwise you profit margin will be slim. There are still plenty of areas you can do that, but most people still want to sell iphones and playstations which are saturated markets.