TradeMark Advise Uggs Australia

VirtualProps

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Ok folks,

I think I may know the solution to this matter but wanted to get feed back to confirm my suspicions. Here is an email I received today and curious to hear what you all's suggestions or what a remedy might be.

Our firm represents Deckers Outdoor Corporation (“Deckersâ€) in trademark and copyright matters. Deckers is known in the trade as UGG Australia and owns the UGG trademark for footwear, clothing, outerwear, bags, and other goods. Our client holds numerous registrations for its UGG trademark in the United States (U.S. Reg. No. 3,050,925), China (Reg. No. 880518), Europe, and more than 70 other countries around the world. Our investigation indicates that you are the registrant of the buy-uggs.orghttp://buy-uggs.org/ domain and are using the corresponding website to promote sales of UGG® boots.
Deckers does not authorize any third parties, including its dealers, to use its UGG trademark in a domain name to promote sales of UGG brand goods. Such use may confuse consumers into believe that buy-uggs.org is sponsored by or affiliated with Deckers. As such, this unauthorized use infringes Deckers’ UGG trademark registrations in the U.S. and other countries where buy-uggs.org operates.

We request that you and any associated companies, individuals and agents immediately cease and desist promotion and sales of UGG products using the buy-uggs.org. We also request that you arrange for the domain buy-uggs.org to be transferred to our client.

Deckers has invested substantial sums in developing the famous UGG brand. We take trademark infringement very seriously. The further actions that Deckers takes in this matter depend on your full compliance. We look forward to receiving confirmation of your intentions.

Advise welcomed. Thanks Guys.

CopyMyCash

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
SELL THEM THE DOMAIN LOL They are demanding to sell the domain to theM ..... Get some more with UGGS in it! LOL:questionmark:

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Uggs is a pretty well known brand and if you were selling their products or recommending a competitor they can make you hand the domain over. As far as I understand it, you can't sell it to them since legally you'll have to turn it over to them anyway.I think the only way out of this is to contact the agency and try and determine if it's a scam or (maybe) pull any content related but then you'll lose your rankings anyway.

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
You might want to remove that link.Copyright domains can get your entire Amazon banned and it would only take one report for them to see that.

sf

Busy
Reaction score
Shut down the site and hand over the domain to them... It's only a $10 domain and it will save you a lot of time/money if you just comply.

Since you are promoting the brand Uggs on a trademarked name, they pretty much have you.
If you want to verify that they are legit, either seek the advice of a lawyer, or have them call you.

Mickeyan

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
You have left out 2 very important pieces of information. 1) A law firm is required to properly identify itself in any piece of correspondent "letter head"(you excluded that) 2) If it is from a law firm it will be signed by an attorney( you excluded that) Then you are asking advise form non lawyers............not smart. Contact the office ask to speak to the attorney who handle issues regarding "Uggs" or Call the company (UGGS)...get transferred to the Public Relations Department. Then ask them for the attorneys handling issues regarding UGGS copyright!!!!!!!

Monopoly

Very Active Members
Reaction score
Basically if that's a real letter you're screwed. They're going to take that domain from you and if they report it to Amazon they'll ban you for copyright which will lose you any other commissions you have on that account.

It could be another marketer either trying to get your domain or get you out of the ncihe - Mickeyan's suggestion of calling up is good. If it turns out to be legit I really don't see you getting away from this one though.