Website Indexed without Description..

IM_Hustler

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Website
www.residentevil4afterlife.com
Hey mmd!

Having an odd and first time problem with my new website. The website is 1 month old and indexed on Google n Yahoo but I only see the url (www.cheap-web....com) without the Title and Description in search engine.

I had a chat with Reizar regarding this and it seems the WP was blocking search engine to index the website. I switched it off and re-submitted back to all major Search Engines but now after 4-5 days it's still the same.

Anyone know what can I do to get indexed like normal?

blackeyedpeas

Make Money Online
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25SskWh_n8
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey mmd!

Having an odd and first time problem with my new website. The website is 1 month old and indexed on Google n Yahoo but I only see the url (www.cheap-web....com) without the Title and Description in search engine.

I had a chat with Reizar regarding this and it seems the WP was blocking search engine to index the website. I switched it off and re-submitted back to all major Search Engines but now after 4-5 days it's still the same.

In Did you fill out the title and description when you did your install?

jeanpâte

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
getsometraffic.net
Install All-In-One Seo or a similar plugin. Fill in the info, add some new content and ping your site. Also, if you haven't submit your site to all of those Web stat sites like cubestat.

Hey mmd!

BillyMac856

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Hey what's up Hustler,

I got an email a couple weeks ago from a buddy of mine who read somewhere (he thought it was the warrior forum), that any wp set-up thru Fantastico was initially setting indexing to off...or whatever the term would be called.

I wasn't to worried cause I haven't installed wp thru Fantastico...But that might be a good place to look if you installed thru Fantastico.

Hope that helps ya and your able to get it sorted.

IM_Hustler

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Website
Install All-In-One Seo or a similar plugin. Fill in the info, add some new content and ping your site. Also, if you haven't submit your site to all of those Web stat sites like cubestat.
Hey i am using platinium SEO plugin, ping and added a few backlinks. It is indexing but the problem is with the description...

Hey what's up Hustler,

I got an email a couple weeks ago from a buddy of mine who read somewhere (he thought it was the warrior forum), that any wp set-up thru Fantastico was initially setting indexing to off...or whatever the term would be called.

I wasn't to worried cause I haven't installed wp thru Fantastico...But that might be a good place to look if you installed thru Fantastico.

Hope that helps ya and your able to get it sorted.
Hey billy, doing good here, how about you?

Yes i changed the settings (thanks to reizar) and it still shows same thing.

hentpt

Make Money Online
Very Active Members
Reaction score
Website
hdtvseries.net
IM Hustler, I Had the same problem as you. Go to google webmaster tools, search for indexation (if you want I can search for the link), write a small text telling you had your WP blog blocking search engines and you didn't knew, since it was a fantastico de-luxe installation, and that your blog is being listed without title and description. I did it, never received an answer back, but next day I checked and it was all correct...
and after google indexed me correctly, in the other day I was in other Search engines also correctly listed.

And to be correct.. platinum SEO plugin doesnt work that fine.. starting to get angry with it. I select the Defenition i want it to show (in a particular post), but when I check google i'm in #2 for that keyword (so it should update quite quickly) and BigG MotherF0Ck3rs decided the defenition for themselves (picked a part of the post, and not what I had in the beginning of the post and in platinum SEO plugin bah).

Well to don't extend myself... simply send a quick request to google. They are taking actions quite quickly lately regarding that.

Hope this helped

IM_Hustler

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Website
Thanks hentpt!

I will be changing the plugin first then, after that reporting it to Google. Can you give me the indexation link, no idea what is it about actually. Thanks again!

IM Hustler, I Had the same problem as you. Go to google webmaster tools, search for indexation (if you want I can search for the link), write a small text telling you had your WP blog blocking search engines and you didn't knew, since it was a fantastico de-luxe installation, and that your blog is being listed without title and description. I did it, never received an answer back, but next day I checked and it was all correct...
and after google indexed me correctly, in the other day I was in other Search engines also correctly listed.

And to be correct.. platinum SEO plugin doesnt work that fine.. starting to get angry with it. I select the Defenition i want it to show (in a particular post), but when I check google i'm in #2 for that keyword (so it should update quite quickly) and BigG MotherF0Ck3rs decided the defenition for themselves (picked a part of the post, and not what I had in the beginning of the post and in platinum SEO plugin bah).

Well to don't extend myself... simply send a quick request to google. They are taking actions quite quickly lately regarding that.

Hope this helped

recovery

Make Money Online
Reaction score
Thanks hentpt!

I will be changing the plugin first then, after that reporting it to Google. Can you give me the indexation link, no idea what is it about actually. Thanks again!

You can do it all and a lot more through Google Webmaster Tools:

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/

Once you login, you need to verify it's your site and then you can track and make changes.